OWN IT U, LLC
1. Web Site Operators:
The Company Web Sites are operated by OWN IT U, LLC and certain service providers of the Company and its subsidiaries, including, but not limited to, advertising, promotional, internet, and public relations service providers (collectively “Service Providers”). In this Policy, the Company and its Service Providers are referred to collectively as “we” or “our.” The Company is the sponsor of a Company Web Site and Service Providers will host Company Web Sites and provide customer service support for Company Web Sites. If you have any questions regarding this Policy or any other matter in connection with the Company Web Sites, please contact us as described in Section 9 (“Contact Us”), below.
2. Collection of Information:
We do not make a child’s participation in any Company Web site activity contingent on that child’s disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in that activity. In order for any child to access and use the Company’s services, to generate user reports and personal profiles, and to guide Child Users’ academic planning, we collect the following information about your child: name, email address, date of birth, gender, address, interests, career ambitions, personal goals, and picture. We also collect the phone number and email address for the Child User’s parents.
Parents have the right to review their child’s personal information, direct Company to delete it, and refuse to allow any further collection or use of their child’s information. Parents also have the option of allowing the collection and use of their child’s personal information without agreeing to disclosing that information to third parties.
3. How We Use Information:
We and our third-party service providers may use the information collected from Child Users as follows:
Child User Information. Information collected from Child Users may be used:
- To measure a Child User’s performance in activities and to adapt a Child User’s learning experience to the Child User’s learning needs.
- To analyze, provide progress reports on, or provide an assessment of a Child User’s performance.
- To allow us to assess and improve the Services, its educational content, and other services we provide, for example, to improve our content and user experience; to research, evaluate, and improve the Services’ educational efficacy; and to inform our understanding of the Services’ user base.
- To customize, adapt, and personalize users’ viewing and content-consumption experience, for example by measuring a Child User’s performance in activities and adapting the Child User’s learning path to his or her learning needs.
- To maintain and analyze the functioning of the Services.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to detect violations of and enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates, including the security of the Services; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Information collected from Child Users is never used to market to Child Users.
4. Disclosure of Information:
The Company will transfer or otherwise disclose the information it collects from children or parents to employees and independent contractors of the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and Service Providers if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional, or technical support function for the Company, or if required to do so by law. These entities are restricted to using this information only to provide a service on our behalf. We do not share personal information with any third party for that party’s own promotional purposes. We will also transfer or otherwise disclose personal information in response to judicial process, to comply with legal requirements, and, as permitted under provisions of law, to provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on a matter related to public safety. We may also use the information as permitted by law to protect our rights or property, the Company Web Sites or their users.
5. Security of Information:
We maintain industry-standard physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your personal information.
6. Unforeseen Circumstances:
In the event that the Company or any of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal information acquired by the Company may be one of the assets transferred. In such an event, we will notify you as explained below under “Changes to this Policy”.
7. Third Party Web Sites:
To the extent that any of the third-party sites accessible through the Company Web Sites has different privacy practices from those stated in this Policy, those third-party privacy practices govern the collection and use of information you provide when visiting those sites. The Company is not responsible for the policies, content, and practices of third-party Web sites to which the Company Web Sites may link and you should refer to those sites’ own privacy policies to learn how they collect and use personal information.
8. Changes to This Policy:
9. Contact Us.